Without volunteer support, Laurel House could not achieve its mission of recovery. By volunteering, you are helping to make a difference in the lives of people coping with mental illness. Recovery takes people working together side-by-side; no one can do it alone.
Here are some of the ways that you can support our program participants by volunteering at the Laurel House Treasure Hunters Thrift Store:
Treasure Hunters Volunteer Opportunities
- Mover’s Assistant to provide support to the truck driver with the transportation of furniture donations from donors’ homes and businesses to Laurel House.
- Clothing Sorter to assist in sorting donated clothing (to remove all non-saleable and out of season articles), hanging clothing and organzing the sales floor.
- Display to educate program participants in staging the store floor and display window with donated items.
- Customer Service to teach program participants the importance of hospitality and how to create a welcoming atmosphere in the store.
- Pricing/Inventory to give direction and advice on appropriate pricing and presentation of donated items.